Choose us, it's win-win!
Cardinal Shipping Services is a Recruitment and Talent Acquisition organization, offering Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO) services, ashore and overseas.
Cardinal Shipping Services has a broader hiring strategy. It involves developing a specific hiring strategy, talent or candidate relationship management, employer branding, creation of a talent pipeline, and finally, recruitment.
Cardinal Shipping Services provides recruitment services by process of identifying and acquiring skilled workers to meet your organizational needs. The Talent Acquisition Team is responsible for identifying, acquiring, assessing, and hiring candidates to fill open positions within the company.
We’re competitive, and our talent acquisition success is based on a combination of effective recruitment strategies, increased speed, and quality hiring processes, being more productive than others.
We understand the best picture of the current situation, especially an unexpected one, comes from the front line. Because front line employees are closer to the work than executive leadership, we are better positioned to recognize the potential failure and identify opportunities for improvement. A consistent concentration on processes leads to observations that inform decision-making and new operational initiatives.
We don’t sit back and wait for employees to report concerns. We create conditions for openness by communicating frequently and regularly with employees. We show respect for individuals by taking their concerns seriously and providing feedback when information is shared.
applying for job
Your job application package is the very first way you present yourself, and so it is very important that you do it correctly.
Here, we’ll define the job application process and define the six easy and effective steps to take to apply for a job you want:
- Apply by our website application, attaching your CV with photo and, preferably, your last Appraisal/Recommendation Letter. Or, sending your CV and last Appraisal/ Recommendation Letter directly to our E-mail address [email protected], writing at the Subject: your full name and position/positions desired. It’s important that the information included in the CV is thorough and accurate, completed with your entire experience (sea and land work experience), describing with details (i.e. automatization, ECDIS type, PM, etc), but brief description of your professional experience/skills. If you are not contacted within 24 working hours, please make a phone call to us, to be sure that we have received your E-mail;
- We will schedule you for an online interview using Microsoft Teams, Zoom or Skype (the one which is more familiar to you);
- We will need your copies of documents, scanned in PDF file, with high quality but compressed volume, sent only by E-mail (for security reasons of your personal information);
- After screening, we are submitting to the Hiring Company (third party), to perform a Hire Interview or a Modern Hire OnDemand Interview (we will prepare you for that);
- After approval – It means you’ve got the job, but you have to wait from 1 to 3 months to join the ship. It is important to complete your file for the hiring process and to get your Crew ID (C1D Visa, Medical certificate NIS or Bermuda Flag, and Marlins Test for Cruise Ship Staff), which is the guarrantee of your employment. It’s the time when you start training (online). For some Managerial positions, there is a special program – training and mentoring – where you will be paid with normal wages during the course;
- Once you will be assigned on board the ship, you will receive all joining documents. We wish you succes on your cruise ship career!
Apply for a job
There are three different English Language Tests targeted at specific industries, which we provide, as Marlins Approved Test Centre:
- ICS Marlins (for all seafarers – their ability to communicate in English – a necessity that has been given additional emphasis by the ISM Code and the revised STCW Convention);
- Cruise Ship Staff (specific for Cruise Industry);
- Offshore Workers (specific for Offshore Industry – Oil and Gas).
Our range of proctoring is offering you the option for having your test from home ‘online proctoring’ (by webcam video and the entire screen are recorded during the test).
We help you with:
(1) Certification in compliance with Marlins English Test assessments approved by Maritime & Coastguard Agency UK (MCA);
(2) If you fail the Test, we offer you a second chance, free of charge, within 24 hours, or
(3) Re-evaluation for raising your score with 50% discount within 24 hours;
(4) The Letter of Spoken English is an optional module of the English level test. You will have 10 minutes speaking and writing, who asses your skills in English conversation, and you don’t have extra charges.
(5) The English Language Test will be provided with a Certificate of Proficiency in English with NO expiration date, and a Letter of Spoken English (only if you are asking for this module), as most of the companies are required;
(6) A reprinted Certificate of Proficiency in English and English Language Test once, free of charge. For the seafarers registered in our database, we offer unlimited reprints, free of charge.
You can easily request a Marlins Test save yourself time, having certification in 60 minutes. Anyone wishing to have a Marlins Test before they seek an employment or already have assignment on-board the ship.
The type of test you’ll need will depend on the ship’s type and the position you are applying for, and the position you will be assigned once you’re on-board.
If you are going on-board the commercial fleet, you need ICS Marlins Test. If you’re going on-board the cruise ship, you will need Marlins Test for Cruise Staff, and if you are applying for Offshore Industry, a Marlins Test for Offshore is required, for managerial position, operational, rating, or auxiliary personnel.
You can choose to perform a Marlins Test at our office or online proctoring. Due to pandemic, we would prefer online proctoring type. Online Proctoring is fully configurable by the test sponsor.
First, a test-taker will snap a picture of themselves and then their photo ID. This will be reviewed later by the test administrator. Next, the test-taker will answer a series of “challenge” questions to further verify their identity.
Once this process is complete, the test-taker have the possibility to pratice the test and automated proctoring technology takes over – monitoring the test from start to finish. At the end of each proctoring session, a full video of the exam, will be posted in our dashboard for review by the test administrator. Is taking up to 20 min until the test is validated by MCA. After test validation, we will issue the Test Results, a Certificate of Proficiency in English, and a Letter confirming that you speak English, for a 10 min more of English testing – speaking and writing (on request for no charges).
Request a Marlins Test writing your personal details, and options, as required by the application on the website. We will contact you shortly, to confirm the purchase, and convenient time for performing the test. You will receive the Invoice by email, and after payment, we will generate the License code as you purchased.